Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Episode 39

MY V.I.
(a soap opera)



"Don't make me climb over this bar and beat you!" Cindy warned a complaining patron.

"Can't you see; I've got fourteen tables to wait on, a full bar and no one to help me and you want me to make more popcorn! Yeah, right!"

As Cindy was ventilating her feelings, Trudy came behind the bar to announce some good news.


"O.k. I got it worked out. I just spoke to Charmaine and she's right in the middle of another T.V. news interview, but she said that they should 'wrap' in a few more minutes and then she'll run right over. Hmm, I wonder what she means; 'wrap?'"


Howard, the owner of Family T's on Marine Ave., and a V.I. regular, chimed in with the explanation.


"Wrap is an industry term, Trudy. It means finished or done. The director always yells, 'that's a wrap' when filming is done or at the end of the day."



Trudy looked over at Cindy then back to Howard.



"Oh. O.k. Thank you, Howard. That's good to know." Then, looking back to Cindy, she continued, "O.k., Cindy; I guess that's a 'wrap' for me, too. I've gotta get home and make David dinner."




MEANWHILE, ACROSS TOWN . . .



As the Mercedes limousine roared north on Pacific Coast Highway, Sky lay bound and gagged in the trunk (Mayhem had not enjoyed his joke).
As he rolled helplessly about, he couldn't help but think to himself, "Wow, I'm surprised. This things got a much roomier trunk than I would have ever imagined."



He also couldn't help but notice that he was able to hear what was being said inside the car, and what most perplexed him was the frequent laughter . . . Michelle's laughter. "What on earth could she possibly be laughing about?" he wondered.


Inside the limo the laughter continued as Mayhem asked, "Another Van Gogh blueberry on the rocks, my dear?"


(As it turns out, Mayhem kept the limo stocked with various liquors, and one of them happened to be Van Gogh Blueberry Vodka; Michelle's absolute favorite).


"Oh, 'May'. I really shouldn't!" Michelle giggled as she held out her empty glass.


"Of course you should, my darling," Mayhem replied as he stroked her arm.


Taking her glass; he refilled it with vodka, but before he returned it to her he pointed out the window.


"Look! Doesn't that cloud formation look like a giant pair of walnuts with a '58 Buick rammed in between them?" he asked.


Michelle turned and looked out the window, but as she did; out of the corner of her eye she saw Mayhem open a capsule and sprinkle the powdered contents into her drink. She decided it would be safest to play along.



"Why, yes. You're absolutely right about the walnuts, but the Buick looks more like a '53 Skylark, if you ask me," she replied as she turned back toward him.



He seemed surpised that she would contradict him. Rolling down the window; he stuck his head out to get a better look, then he came back in and stared at her for a moment.


"Perhaps you're correct," he conceded. "Now, here, my darling. Let's have a toast," he said as he handed her back her drink.


"What shall we toast to, you devil?" Michelle asked as she took the tainted drink from him.


Mayhem thought for a moment and then announced: "We shall drink to all who've had their nuts run over by a Buick!"
"Here, Here!" Michelle replied.



TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR ANOTHER EXCITING EPISODE OF MY V.I.!

No comments:

Post a Comment